It is July 2021. The SD Prowlers are doing well. We continued to meet throughout the Kung Flu pandemic outdoors in El Monte Park (Lakeside, CA.)
The venue seems to suit us well. We have entertained going back to the restaurant who always welcomed us to use their banquet room but have opted to stay in the park. Attesting to So Cal reputation for nice weather, we have not missed a meeting and at least half the members drive their hot rods.
Heading into 2022 and contemplating our 75th anniversary, we are being encouraged by our contemporaries to host another picnic.
We have reserved El Monte Park, Section 4 on June 4th, 2022.
We will keep you posted here. Until then, Keep the Shiney Side Up!
Want to Become a Member?
Are you interested in becoming a member but still have some questions? For more information, just email us at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
Upcoming Events Short List !
Labor Day Swap @ Santee Drive-in
Oct 3-5 Del mar Good Guys
May 5 Freddy Castro Remembrance
June 4 Prowler 75th Anniversary
San Diego Prowlers Official Hot Rod Judging Form
Entrant Number: _______ Class: OPEN____ CLOSED____
Year: ____ Make: _______ Model: ________ Mod: ___________ Color: __________
Scoring is 1=Good, 5=Excellent. All judged elements must be visible
Body. Check for condition, damage, quality and detail. 25 points
1. Body _____
2. Paint/decoration (striping, flames, graphics) _____
3. Chrome _____
4. Workmanship _____
5. Original metal _____ Subtotal _____
Interior. Check for condition, quality, detailed and clean. 25 points
1. Seats _____
2. Doors/panels _____
3. Floor Covering _____
4. Trunk/Pick up bed _____
5. Dash, Steering wheel, Console _____ Subtotal _____
Engine compartment. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. Chrome/polished/paint _____
2. Points for non SBC/LS engine _____
3. Exhaust system _____
4. Wiring/Accessories _____
5. Detail/cleanliness _____ Subtotal _____
Safety. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. All lights/lenses/glass _____
2. Wheels/tires/suspension _____
3. Brakes _____
4. Mirrors _____
5. Safety restraints _____ Subtotal _____
Bonus for special features IF they add to WOW factor. 30 points
1. Mods (Chop/channel/low/rake/tail dragger, etc) _____
2. Speed Eqmnt (carbs, blower, quickchange) _____
3. Image/period theme (does it nail a look?) _____
4. Innovation (something different that works) _____
5. Add points for pre ’49 Ford _____
6. Add points for a car that is driven _____