It is March 2022. The SD Prowlers are doing well. We are excited to see things open up in the hot rod world. We have cautiously ventured to the Grand Nationsl Roadster Show and most recently the Early Times Mid- Winter Run. I heard today that Escondido's Cruisn' Grand event has been permitted and will commence on April 1...Hooray!!
The Prowlers are preparing to host our 75th Anniversary Picnic on Saturday June 4 at El Monte Park. We will have a live band (The Ideas) playing favorite oldies. Big Dev will be there with his famous BBQ truck. We will have event t-shirts and free dash plaques for participant cars while they last.
This event will cost $3 per car (for the park)
As many businesses discovered adapting to pandemic restrictions there were new ways to do things. We had to give up meeting in our comfortable indoor restaurant and chose the outdoor setting at El Monte County Park in Lakeside, CA. Attesting to So Cal reputation for nice weather, we have not missed a meeting and at least half the members drive their hot rods. As of our meeting tomorrow March 3, 2022 we will have met 43 times outside with no rain.
We will keep you posted here. Until then, Keep the Shiney Side Up!
Want to Become a Member?
Are you interested in becoming a member but still have some questions? For more information, just email us at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
Upcoming Events Short List !
Labor Day Swap @ Santee Drive-in
Apr 1-3 Del mar Good Guys
May 5 Freddy Castro Remembrance
May 11 Cajon Cruise
June 4 Prowler 75th Anniversary
San Diego Prowlers Official Hot Rod Judging Form
Entrant Number: _______ Class: OPEN____ CLOSED____
Year: ____ Make: _______ Model: ________ Mod: ___________ Color: __________
Scoring is 1=Good, 5=Excellent. All judged elements must be visible
Body. Check for condition, damage, quality and detail. 25 points
1. Body _____
2. Paint/decoration (striping, flames, graphics) _____
3. Chrome _____
4. Workmanship _____
5. Original metal _____ Subtotal _____
Interior. Check for condition, quality, detailed and clean. 25 points
1. Seats _____
2. Doors/panels _____
3. Floor Covering _____
4. Trunk/Pick up bed _____
5. Dash, Steering wheel, Console _____ Subtotal _____
Engine compartment. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. Chrome/polished/paint _____
2. Points for non SBC/LS engine _____
3. Exhaust system _____
4. Wiring/Accessories _____
5. Detail/cleanliness _____ Subtotal _____
Safety. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. All lights/lenses/glass _____
2. Wheels/tires/suspension _____
3. Brakes _____
4. Mirrors _____
5. Safety restraints _____ Subtotal _____
Bonus for special features IF they add to WOW factor. 30 points
1. Mods (Chop/channel/low/rake/tail dragger, etc) _____
2. Speed Eqmnt (carbs, blower, quickchange) _____
3. Image/period theme (does it nail a look?) _____
4. Innovation (something different that works) _____
5. Add points for pre ’49 Ford _____
6. Add points for a car that is driven _____