It is the end of 2019. The SD Prowlers are entering our 73rd year driving souped up old Fords and enjoying every minute of life.
The Prowlers hot rod club have chosen a new president so it is time to begin another chapter in this book.
The roaring 20s are just around the corner. Look forward to more traditional hot rod fun!
ps: Hey we have a very nice 2020 calendar available. There are three pages dedicated to our history and the rest are pictures of our contemporary "driven daily" hot rods...all on nice paper and excellent photography of course. The cost is $10 . If we have to take it to the Post Office add $5. If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Become a Member?
Are you interested in becoming a member but still have some questions? For more information, just email us at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
Upcoming Events Short List !
Jan 24-6 GNRS @ Pomona Fairplex
Feb 20-2 Big 3 Swap Meet
Apr 3-5 Del mar Good Guys
May 5 Freddy Castro Remembrance
Ken Polesky - Active Prowler Member
I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I purchased my first car at age 13. It was a 1933 Ford Vicky body and frame for $15. My next car was purchased 6 months later, a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe (price was $50). I had the car running with a Chevy V8 by the time I was 14 1/2. When I was 16, I joined the Santa Monica branch of the "T Timers Car Club". At age 19 I bought a 1928 Ford Roadster (which I still own). I drove that Roadster to San Diego in November 1966, for active duty in the Navy (and never left).
I joined the LA Roadster Club in 1967 and remained a member until 1971. Then I joined the San Diego Prowlers later in 1971. I have been a Prowler ever since then. My 1928 Ford Roadster was my original Club Car.
Since the completion, November 2004, and the voting into the Prowlers of my Sedan Delivery as a second club car, my car has won the following awards.
- Golden Acorn Casino Classic Car Show March 2005 Entrants Choice Winner
- GoodGuys Del Mar Nationals April 2005 Home Built Heaven Event Award Winner
- Classic Chevys of San Diego Picnic By The Bay August 2005 Best Truck or Delivery
- Vista Rod Run #16 and Car Show August 7, 2005 Peoples Choice
- Rodders To The Rescue Benefit Car Show October 1, 2005 1st Place Ford
- 22nd Annual Fall Mountain Run November 2005 Best Grill
- GoodGuys 2005 Season Winner Voted National Home Built Heaven Winner (Beat out 18 other nation wide event winners)
- Early Times Mid Winter Rod Run Febuary 26, 2006 Club Choice Event Winner
- 32nd Annual Sand Blast Rod Run Coos Bay Oregon July 2006 Long Distance Award
- City of Carlsbad 5th Annual Classic Car Show August 2006 Best Interior
- 43rd Annual Early Times Picnic June 8, 2008 Club Choice Closed Car