Our Annual Picnic
Hello to our website visitors. The San Diego Prowlers are now well into our 71st year. It is August and it's hot even in San Diego. This was our first Summer since the early '70s that we haven't staged our annual
"Picnic and Ol' Timers Reunion". It really feels good to relax a little and have time to drive our hot rods and maybe even work on them a little.
As promised we are reinventing ourselves back into "doing whatever we want" for a change and leave the event planning to promoters who enjoy that stuff!
We are still the unchallenged "oldest hot rod club" continuously corrupting young men since 1947 so please dig in to our webpages and visit the hot rod club that has been there the whole time. See the men, cars and their hobby from post WWII to the present that was the laboratory of power and style that helped shape today’s automobile.
Want to Become a Member?
Are you interested in becoming a member but still have some questions? For more information, use our contact form or just email us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to our new / updated website.
Ken Polesky - Active Prowler Member
I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I purchased my first car at age 13. It was a 1933 Ford Vicky body and frame for $15. My next car was purchased 6 months later, a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe (price was $50). I had the car running with a Chevy V8 by the time I was 14 1/2. When I was 16, I joined the Santa Monica branch of the "T Timers Car Club". At age 19 I bought a 1928 Ford Roadster (which I still own). I drove that Roadster to San Diego in November 1966, for active duty in the Navy (and never left).
I joined the LA Roadster Club in 1967 and remained a member until 1971. Then I joined the San Diego Prowlers later in 1971. I have been a Prowler ever since then. My 1928 Ford Roadster was my original Club Car.
Since the completion, November 2004, and the voting into the Prowlers of my Sedan Delivery as a second club car, my car has won the following awards.
- Golden Acorn Casino Classic Car Show March 2005 Entrants Choice Winner
- GoodGuys Del Mar Nationals April 2005 Home Built Heaven Event Award Winner
- Classic Chevys of San Diego Picnic By The Bay August 2005 Best Truck or Delivery
- Vista Rod Run #16 and Car Show August 7, 2005 Peoples Choice
- Rodders To The Rescue Benefit Car Show October 1, 2005 1st Place Ford
- 22nd Annual Fall Mountain Run November 2005 Best Grill
- GoodGuys 2005 Season Winner Voted National Home Built Heaven Winner (Beat out 18 other nation wide event winners)
- Early Times Mid Winter Rod Run Febuary 26, 2006 Club Choice Event Winner
- 32nd Annual Sand Blast Rod Run Coos Bay Oregon July 2006 Long Distance Award
- City of Carlsbad 5th Annual Classic Car Show August 2006 Best Interior
- 43rd Annual Early Times Picnic June 8, 2008 Club Choice Closed Car