Our Annual Picnic
Hello to our website visitors. The San Diego Prowlers are now well into our 71st year. It is August and it's hot even in San Diego. This was our first Summer since the early '70s that we haven't staged our annual
"Picnic and Ol' Timers Reunion". It really feels good to relax a little and have time to drive our hot rods and maybe even work on them a little.
As promised we are reinventing ourselves back into "doing whatever we want" for a change and leave the event planning to promoters who enjoy that stuff!
We are still the unchallenged "oldest hot rod club" continuously corrupting young men since 1947 so please dig in to our webpages and visit the hot rod club that has been there the whole time. See the men, cars and their hobby from post WWII to the present that was the laboratory of power and style that helped shape today’s automobile.
Want to Become a Member?
Are you interested in becoming a member but still have some questions? For more information, use our contact form or just email us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to our new / updated website.
San Diego Prowlers Official Hot Rod Judging Form
Entrant Number: _______ Class: OPEN____ CLOSED____
Year: ____ Make: _______ Model: ________ Mod: ___________ Color: __________
Scoring is 1=Good, 5=Excellent. All judged elements must be visible
Body. Check for condition, damage, quality and detail. 25 points
1. Body _____
2. Paint/decoration (striping, flames, graphics) _____
3. Chrome _____
4. Workmanship _____
5. Original metal _____ Subtotal _____
Interior. Check for condition, quality, detailed and clean. 25 points
1. Seats _____
2. Doors/panels _____
3. Floor Covering _____
4. Trunk/Pick up bed _____
5. Dash, Steering wheel, Console _____ Subtotal _____
Engine compartment. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. Chrome/polished/paint _____
2. Points for non SBC engine _____
3. Exhaust system _____
4. Wiring/Accessories _____
5. Detail/cleanliness _____ Subtotal _____
Safety. Check condition, quality, detail 25 points
1. All lights/lenses/glass _____
2. Wheels/tires/suspension _____
3. Brakes _____
4. Mirrors _____
5. Safety restraints _____ Subtotal _____
Bonus for special features IF they add to WOW factor. 30 points
1. Mods (Chop/channel/low/rake/tail dragger, etc) _____
2. Speed Eqmnt (carbs, blower, quickchange) _____
3. Image/period theme (does it nail a look?) _____
4. Innovation (something different that works) _____
5. Add points for pre ’49 Ford _____
6. Add points for a car that is driven _____